For ADN Graduates from Consortium
The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing program for associate degree nursing (ADN) graduates is a statewide continuing consortium nursing curriculum available to UH students from Maui College, Kauaʻi Community College, and beginning in fall 2015, Kapiʻolani Community College. The program is designed to provide an efficient bridge to the baccalaureate for the RN with an associate degree. The program builds upon initial nursing preparation with coursework to enhance professional development, prepare for a broader scope of practice, and provide an increased understanding of the cultural, economic, and social issues that affect the delivery of safe, quality patient care .
Students from Maui College, Kauaʻi Community College, and Kapiʻolani Community College may enter the program in the fall (January 5th deadline). Only students from Kapiʻolani Community College may enter the program in the spring (September 1st deadline). Students take courses via the Hawaiʻi Interactive Television Service (HITS) while balancing work and family responsibilities. With the BS degree, the student is prepared for graduate education and continued career development.
- Outstanding faculty committed to advancing health care delivery.
- 34 credits of nursing upper division courses.
- Nursing courses are offered using online, face to face, and HITS formats.
Individual academic advising and support throughout the program.
The graduate of the program is prepared to:
- Advocate and provide high quality care to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society
- Direct, supervise and collaborate with others to organize care
- Advance the profession through lifelong learning, participate in professional organizations and practice in a confident, competent, compassionate and accountable manner
- Develop culturally appropriate clinical knowledge by examining, processing and disseminating knowledge to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society
 American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2011) Fact Sheet: Degree completion programs for registered nurses: RN to master’s and RN to baccalaureate programs.
Tracy Chagami, M.Ed
Undergraduate Program Advisor
School of Nursing & Dental Hygiene
Phone: (808) 956-3794
Fax: (808) 956-5977