For High School Graduates
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa offers direct entry for high school graduates who are dedicated to completing their Bachelor of Science in nursing degree in four years. With direct entry into our nursing program, a student’s academic path is secure. Students can have confidence that they have been admitted to the nursing program while they complete their prerequisite classes in a cohort based learning model. Students enter the program in the fall of their freshman year. With the BS degree, the student is prepared for graduate education and continued career development. The student completes pre-requisites in Year 1 and begins nursing courses in year 2.
- Outstanding faculty committed to advancing health care delivery.
- 76 credits of nursing courses.
- Cohort program designed to be completed in 4 years.
Individual academic advising and support throughout the program.
The graduate of the BS program is prepared to:
- advocate and provide high quality care to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society
- direct, supervise and collaborate with others to organize care
- advance the profession through lifelong learning, participate in professional organizations and practice in a confident, competent, compassionate and accountable manner
- develop culturally appropriate clinical knowledge by examining, processing and
disseminating knowledge to improve and maintain the health of a diverse society.
Brian Akiyama, BA
Pre-Nursing Advisor & Admissions Specialist
School of Nursing & Dental Hygiene
Phone: (808) 956-3794
Fax: (808) 956-5977