The program offers the terminal degree in Nursing Practice and is designed as a post-baccalaureate or higher degree program to meet our statewide demand for a highly competent nursing workforce equipped with the skills to ensure the delivery of safe, quality nursing care in Hawaii. The curriculum incorporates the AACN Essentials for Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice (AACN, 2006) as the foundation for the curriculum, integrating evidence based practice, quality improvement, and systems leadership to prepare experts in specialized advanced nursing practice.
DNP Degree Entry Pathways
- Graduate Entry Program in Nursing – non-nurse with a baccalaureate degree in a field other than nursing
- RN with baccalaureate in nursing
- RN with a Master's degree in nursing or health related field
- Post-Master's in Business Administration in Health Care from UH Manoa Shidler College of Business
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master's to DNP
- Post-MBA in Health Care from UH Manoa Shidler College of Business
At the conclusion of the program, the graduate is awarded a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. The graduate is competent in the eight Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice (AACN, 2006) and prepared to serve as a leader in clinical and executive positions, translating emerging science and policy directions to improve patient and population-based care delivery.
Partnership in the Nursing Education Exchange
University of Hawai'i at Mānoa is a member of NEXus (The Nursing Education Xchange). NEXus is a collaboration between participating doctoral programs in nursing that allows doctoral students enrolled at member colleges and universities to take courses that may not be offered at his/her home institution for a common tuition price.
Pualani Gandall-Yamamoto, DNP, MSN, APRN-Rx, FNP-BC
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program Director
Phone: (808) 956-5480
For the Graduate Entry Program in Nursing (GEPN) to DNP
Shannon Mark, M.Ed.
Graduate Entry Program in Nursing (GEPN) Coordinator
Phone: (808) 956-0445