- Who have not attended an RN educational program
- Who have a baccalaureate degree in another field other than nursing
- Who are leadership bound and seeking a career in advanced nursing
Master of Science: prepares the nurse for an advanced role
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Advanced Public Health Nursing
Doctor of Nursing Practice: provides the terminal degree in nursing practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Post-MBA in Health Care from UH Manoa Shidler College of Business
- Enables qualified nurse professionals to enter the workforce in a shorter period of time increasing the pool of nurses prepared to assume leadership roles in practice, education and research.
- The first year of intensive study is offered in a tri-semester format of 16 -18 credits per semester. Due to the rigor and scheduling, it is impossible for students to be employed during this year.
- Due to the accelerated and non-traditional nature of the program, New Student Orientation is typically conducted the first week of August. Additionally, one of the fall semester courses is offered during the two weeks prior to the official start of the UH semester. Students should plan on being physically present on the island of Oahu during the entire month of August.
- Employers of GEPN graduates recognize the value of these highly qualified, well-rounded nurses to the workforce.
- Healthcare community partners collaborate with the School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene in curriculum development, and dedicated clinical experiences.
Resource for Prospective Graduate Students
- See the school calendar for GEPN Informational Session dates
American Association of Colleges of Nursing: Guide to Graduate Nursing Programs